SARAH JORY WILL PRESENT THE BEST OF BRITISH COUNTRY MUSIC
From 1984 to 1992, Jory played 13 steel guitar conventions in the US, appearing with Buddy Emmons, Lloyd Green and Paul Franklin and worked with Ricky Scaggs, Porter Wagoner and Gene Watson.
In 1985, the British Country Music Association (BCMA) voted Jory The Most Promising New Act, followed by her being voted Female Vocalist of the Year for nine consecutive years. She was also voted European Country Rock Entertainer of the Year. In 1995, 1996 and 1997, BCMA also voted her British Female Vocalist of the Year.
In 1988 Jory worked in Bristol and formed her own professional band, opening for Eric Clapton in Dublin, among others and toured with Glen Campbell.
Jory played with the Van Morrison band during 2006 and 2009 and performed on his albums Keep It Simple and Astral Weeks Live at the Hollywood Bowl and on the DVD Astral Weeks Live at the Hollywood Bowl: The Concert Film. She will introduce the Best of British Country Talent:
• Jade Helliwell - 25, a teaching assistant and musician from Batley, West Yorkshire, went viral after joining busker Dawid Osial for a performance in the city of Leeds. She told MailOnline she now wants to follow in her idol Taylor Swift’s footsteps after hitting number one in the country album charts overnight.
• Darcy - In truth, any of the tracks on his first EP could easily be released as a single, the quality is that good. The big question is whether Darcy is just one step ahead of time. The Shires and Ward Thomas have found mainstream success with their British brand of country and this is a totally different kettle of fish. Whether there’s an appetite for that in the mainstream UK market, we shall wait and see but the American listeners would love it. For a debut EP, it’s seriously impressive and is one of, if not the best release I’ve heard from a UK artist.
• Izzie Walsh – Gothic Bluegrass with a hard edge, her voice is amazing, strong and sensuous. Compelling everyone to listen to her Izzie is a future star in the making, a beautiful distinctive voice with a great range, great song with a great melody to go with it - the backing musicians have done a really professional job by letting Izzie take centre stage.
• Kezia Gill – Derby based singer/songwriter, Kezia, has been singing professionally for over 10 years. A delicious mix of Irish and country influence, her sound is completely unique. Kezia plays all over England performing both her original music and a wide variety of covers. Kezia brings her own vocal style to everything she does, her show is not to be missed.
• Backwoods Creek – is a five piece Country Rock band hailing from the Uk’s deep south that brings a fresh, modern and exciting take on the genre in a place that has forgotten just how much it loves it.